From the American Medical Student Association and OHSU Student Council
Our hearts go out to all those in Haiti affected by this tragedy. AMSA supports the work of medical students and health professionals across the country who are helping rebuild after this disaster. We are also deeply grateful for the work of healthcare organizations that are providing much needed medical care to victims of this disaster.
The nation’s post-earthquake needs are tremendous, so if you are able to donate, here are a few ways of contributing:
- The New York Times has provided a list of aid organizations currently working in Haiti: http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/13/haiti-disaster-relief-how-to-contribute/
- CNN has also compiled a list of agencies at www.cnn.com/impact
- Partners in Health: https://donate.pih.org/page/contribute/haiti_earthquake
- Doctors Without Borders: https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=197&hbc=1&source=ADR1001E1D01
- The American Red Cross has established a program in which people can dial 90999, then text "Haiti" to give $10 to the agency's International Response Fund.
- AMSA does not endorse any specific charity.
This is a tragic time for many and our thoughts are with the Haitian community during this time.
OHSU Student Council