Saturday, January 16, 2010
-Wear a badge or button on work days during the RecycleMania Event that says, “Ask Me About Recycling.”
-Be available to staff in your department who may have questions about recycling. -- --Distribute flyers and brochures as needed to help answer questions.-
-Read a weekly email about upcoming events and some tips on helping people who may approach with questions about recycling.
-Keep your eyes open as you go about your work day for areas that do not have recycling options. These areas include: break rooms, conference rooms, classroom, work spaces, etc. Report these via email to email@example.com
-Fill out 1 or 2 short surveys during the course of the RecycleMania event.
Friday, January 15, 2010
From the American Medical Student Association and OHSU Student Council
Our hearts go out to all those in Haiti affected by this tragedy. AMSA supports the work of medical students and health professionals across the country who are helping rebuild after this disaster. We are also deeply grateful for the work of healthcare organizations that are providing much needed medical care to victims of this disaster.
The nation’s post-earthquake needs are tremendous, so if you are able to donate, here are a few ways of contributing:
- The New York Times has provided a list of aid organizations currently working in Haiti: http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/13/haiti-disaster-relief-how-to-contribute/
- CNN has also compiled a list of agencies at www.cnn.com/impact
- Partners in Health: https://donate.pih.org/page/contribute/haiti_earthquake
- Doctors Without Borders: https://donate.doctorswithoutborders.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=197&hbc=1&source=ADR1001E1D01
- The American Red Cross has established a program in which people can dial 90999, then text "Haiti" to give $10 to the agency's International Response Fund.
- AMSA does not endorse any specific charity.
This is a tragic time for many and our thoughts are with the Haitian community during this time.
OHSU Student Council
Monday, January 4, 2010
All leagues are co-ed
League play starts:
- Monday, January 25th - Soccer
- Tuesday, January 26th - Competitive Basketball
- Wednesday, January 27th - Volleyball
- Thursday, January 28th - Recreational Basketball
Leagues are free to OHSU Student, Student Center members and march wellness & fitness center members.
Non-student/non-member fees: $50 individual fee/sport, $275 team fee.
Contact Heather Ennis at 503-494-4556 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.